The objective of the Varichem de Colombia Consulting service is to evaluate and prevent any negative impact that may occur on human, physical or environmental resources within the sustainable development of the industry, through highly specialized professionals based on operational, efficient and competitive structure that achieve the highest performance standards in the consulting sector.
How do we do it?
- Diagnosis, Preparation and Updating of Contingency, Emergency and Risk Management Plans.
- Consequence Assessment and Technological Risk Analysis.
- Analysis of individual, social, environmental and socioeconomic risk.
- Risk analysis for land, river and maritime transport routes.
- Climatological, Hydrological and Hydraulic Studies.
- Environmental Sensitivity Studies, survey of vulnerable elements.
- Calculation of spill volumes and modeling of trajectories.
- Determination of areas of direct and indirect affectation.
- Implementation of the Incident Command System.
What tools do we use?
- Spill volume calculation tools.
- Technological risk analysis and consequence assessment using Phast Risk – DNV.
- Calculation of stain trajectories and wear phenomena through Mike 21 by DHI.
- Video monitoring of access routes to control points and strategic sites with manned and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Design, implementation and administration of geographic information systems.
- Development of custom applications on ESRI technology.
- Provision of Geo services from our technological platform.
Training and coaching
Varichem de Colombia offers training programs aimed at your company with the fundamental objective of being able to respond effectively to an emergency that can compromise life, the environment, image and infrastructure, agreements with The Nautical Institute, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi .
We are the only company in the country that has IMO and DIMAR certification!
Expert instructors and state-of-the-art equipment to conduct training under IMO standards:
- LEVEL I – “First Responder”
- LEVEL II – “On Scene Commander”
- LEVEL III – “Spill Management and Planning of Spill Response Operations”
- LEVEL I – Control of spills in fast-moving waters.
These courses are focused on the search for strategies to combat oil spills in Offshore, Nearshore and Onshore operations, both in Colombia and worldwide, in addition to the focus on the prevention and attention of these contingencies and their administration by trained personnel under the model Incident Command System (ICS).
The instructors are IMO certified as trainers with the ability to certify in control of oil spills and harmful substances and ICS Incident Command System under OFDA and FEMA standards.
¡MORE THAN 5,000 PEOPLE TRAINED!
INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM LEVEL 100, 200 AND 300
First Response Incident Command System (SCI 100), Administration (SCI 200) and Decision Making (SCI 300) a program aimed at comprehensive and objective emergency management that adopts international administrative models FEMA and USAID / OFDA / LAC.
INTEGRAL BRIGADES TRAINING CENTER
- Fire Control
- Evacuation, control and rescue
- Control Of Oils Spills
- Drills (Spill and Fire Control)
- Rescue in confined spaces
- Safe work in confined spaces
- Incident Command System.
- Drills (preparation, development and evaluation)
WE HAVE OWN INTERACTIVE PLATFORM
APC – Emergency Attention
This methodology developed by Varichem de Colombia, is oriented to the management and operation of contingency and emergency plans. The APC seeks to maximize the capacity and quality of response to an emergency
Scope of service:
- Consulting (Preparation, updating of Contingency, Emergency and Risk Management Plans).
- Early Warning Systems (meteorological and equipment in ports)
- Spill Control Equipment (Sale or Rent of new equipment under specific modality)
- Receipt of Existing Spill Control Equipment.
- Maintenance of contingency equipment
- Warehouse management (Remodeling, construction, etc.)
- Training and coaching (IMO I, II and III, drills, ICS, dispersants, air surveillance)
- Cordoning’s for hydrocarbon storage, loading and unloading operations
- Preventive Operational Inspections
- Attention to emergencies
Tecnología de biorremediación de suelos y tratamiento de aguas afectadas por hidrocarburos.
Varichem de Colombia is represented by Varichem International, a North American company that manufactures supplies for the bioremediation process. The process is developed in our licensed areas through a bioproduct that reproduces native bacteria exponentially, a situation that, added to other factors, allows the decomposition of hydrocarbons, achieving the treatment of oily waste in an efficient and environmentally appropriate way.
The Bioremediation process is applicable mainly in the following scenarios:
- Soil affected by hydrocarbon due to an accidental spill or caused by oil pipelines and tanks.
- Soil affected by the cleaning of equipment impregnated by crude oil carried out some time ago.
- Soil affected by Light Fuels due to leaks or cracks in Underground Storage tanks, Tank replacement process, or accidental spills that involve significant soil contamination.
- Oily waste degradation.
- Treatment of all types of oily waste of petrogenic origin that may be produced in operations of the Industrial Sector.
- Cleaning of storage tanks.
- Cleaning of equipment and tools impregnated with hydrocarbon.
- Waste from API boxes.
- Hydrocarbon residues from water injection.
- Drilling cuttings when using oil-based muds.
- Residues when conducting production tests.
- Residues from crude oil distillation (Refineries).
- Residues of products or white oils derived from petroleum.
Licensed treatment areas
Varichem de Colombia has nationally licensed zones for the receipt and final disposal of soils and material contaminated with hydrocarbons:
- Yondó (Solera).
ORBITAL EOS – Innovation and Development
Through satellite monitoring, artificial intelligence and the development of an algorithm, we can make numerical and mathematical models that accurately deliver marine pollution data.